How the Novel Coronavirus Spreads in Public Places and How to Protect Yourself
- Avoid mixing with large crowds.
- The virus spreads like the flu: via coughing, sneezing, and breathing.
- When you are in proximity with a coronavirus infected person, there is potential you get the virus through aerosolized droplets.
- You can also get infected by contact with contaminated surfaces.
- The virus can live on some surfaces, such as plastic and stainless steel, for up to 3 days.
How to protect yourself:
- Wash you hands with hot water and soap frequently.
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Avoid getting in proximity to other people.
- Practice social distancing.